- the District Attorney’s Office
- state and local law enforcement agencies
- Children & Youth Services
- mental health professionals
- victim advocacy organizations
- medical personnel
- Children’s Advocacy Center personnel
to coordinate services for you and your family while your child’s allegation of abuse is under investigation. In order to ensure the safety and protection of children, the law requires that reports of possible abuse of child be investigated. In cases where a crime may have occurred, law enforcement must be notified. The MDIT’s primary goal is to reduce the number of times your child will need to talk with different professionals. The MDIT is designed to respond to your questions quickly and sensitively during the investigation.