Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us here at the Children’s Advocacy Center. We need volunteers in several different areas and hope we can find one that is just right for you!
Before contacting us, please review the following to see if we might be a match for your availability and interests:
- Almost all assignments are during weekday business hours (8:30 to 5:00, Monday-Friday). We only have evening or weekend events a few times a year.
- We do not have any volunteer opportunities to mentor, to tutor or to work directly with the children in therapy.
- Most of our assignments are clerical or special events support, although we occasionally need assistance with child care. In addition, we train interested volunteers to teach our prevention classes.
- The majority of our new assignments are an “on call” basis rather than a regular schedule.
Please be advised that all of our volunteers are asked to complete these three steps:
- Come in for a short visit. I’ll let you know more about the various programs that we offer and find out if we have what you are looking for.
- Fill out a volunteer application, which helps us know what types of activities you are interested in and what times work best for you. This helps us to match you to the jobs which are best suited for you.
- Complete the application for a background check. After the mail is sent to the State office, it takes about 10 days to 2 weeks for clearance. As soon as we receive that clearance, we can utilize you as a volunteer.
For more details, please contact Edith Jordan, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.